BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
skabir0
Calcite | Level 5

Hello,

I'm trying to learn SAS and I'm fairly new to the platform.  I recently started using SAS OnDemand for Academics.  I am trying to save some code/program as a library, however, when I try save, my file extension changes from .sas to .sas.log.  I have attached a screenshot.  I'm not getting any error messages, but I'm also unable to save the code.  How do I save my code/program?  Has anyone had similar issues?

Release: 3.7 (Enterprise Edition)Build date: Jun 11, 2018 5:15:01 PM
SAS Mid-tier release: Jun 11, 2018 4:42:00 PM
Java Version: 1.7.0_151
SAS release: 9.04.01M5P09132017
SAS platform: Linux LIN X64 3.10.0-693.21.1.el7.x86_64
Site name: SAS ONDEMAND FOR ACADEMICS

2 REPLIES 2
jenburry
SAS Employee

Hi,

When you have a program that you want to save, make sure that you are under the CODE tab when you save, this will save as .SAS

Capture.JPG

If you are under the LOG tab, it will save as .LOG

Capture.JPG

When you say you are trying to save a library, are you referring to creating a libname statement?  Or are you trying to save data into a library?

MainBP
Calcite | Level 5

I am having the exact same issue and it just started this week. I have created a folder under my EPG194 folder called MyCode and even though I am in the Code window of a new program file (Program 1.sas), when I click save and navigate to the MyCode folder, the extension changes to .sas.log and the file is not saved at all. I have resorted to saving the files as text files on my desktop for the time being.

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation