BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Shakhane
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I am getting the following Error: Return Code from GIT is (3). '/folders/myshortcuts/my_SAS_File' Exists and is not an empty directory. Could someone lead me to the right direction, how to resolve this issue.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
andreas_lds
Jade | Level 19

Please explain what you are trying to do.

Shakhane
Calcite | Level 5
I am trying to clone a new repository.

Thanks

andreas_lds
Jade | Level 19

@Shakhane wrote:
I am trying to clone a new repository.

Thanks

And you are doing this in SAS Studio? Interesting, didn't know that this is possible.

The directory you want to add the clone to, has to be empty. Have you checked, that /folders/myshortcuts/my_SAS_File is empty?

BrianGaines
SAS Employee

Hi @Shakhane,

According to this post, https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Analytics-U/Git-with-SAS-University-Edition/m-p/531100/highlight/..., cloning a repository through SAS Studio in SAS University Edition is not possible due to an issue with the file system interacting in VirtualBox.  However, this can still be done via the Git command line as described in the above post.  

I am not aware of a fix that has addressed this issue yet.  @chrislockard, can you please confirm whether or not this has been fixed, or if there are other workarounds?

Also, @andreas_lds, yes, Git functionality was added to SAS Studio 3.8, which was released near the end of last year.  Here is a link to the documentation with more details about it.

I hope this information is helpful!

-Brian

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation