BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
BartDekeyser
Calcite | Level 5

Is it possible to fill up a combobox in sas studio tasks with values from a table in a SQLSERVER database.

or setting a default value in a text field using macro variables.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BrianGaines
SAS Employee

@BartDekeyser,

I do not see the tasks in SAS Studio going anywhere anytime soon.  As one of the tasks developers, I may be a little biased, but I think the tasks are an integral part of SAS Studio, and SAS Studio itself is an important SAS programming interface given that it comes with Base SAS, SAS Viya, or SAS University Edition.  If anything, the underlying framework for the tasks (Common Task Model) is actually in the process of being incorporated into a couple of other SAS applications (but that is still being researched and developed).  

By the way, I am always eager to talk to custom task writers to learn more about their use cases and the what they like/dislike about using/writing tasks in SAS Studio.  I will send you a private message with my contact information.

Best,

-Brian

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
grace_sas
SAS Employee

Hi Bart,

It is not currently possible to dynamically get values from a table to offer as choices for an input type.  However, that is already on the road map for a future release.

For your second question ... it is not possible right now.  Let me check whether this is on the road map or whether we need to enter a new feature request.

Regards,

Grace 

BartDekeyser
Calcite | Level 5

hi ,

thanx for the reply.

another question is about sas tasks. 

Since we are going to sas studio and SAS/AF will no longer be supported in our company (start of next year) i am transferring all sas/af related programs to sas studio using tasks. So i want to know thats a good thing or not ?

So my question is what is the roadmap for sas tasks ?

BrianGaines
SAS Employee

@BartDekeyser,

I do not see the tasks in SAS Studio going anywhere anytime soon.  As one of the tasks developers, I may be a little biased, but I think the tasks are an integral part of SAS Studio, and SAS Studio itself is an important SAS programming interface given that it comes with Base SAS, SAS Viya, or SAS University Edition.  If anything, the underlying framework for the tasks (Common Task Model) is actually in the process of being incorporated into a couple of other SAS applications (but that is still being researched and developed).  

By the way, I am always eager to talk to custom task writers to learn more about their use cases and the what they like/dislike about using/writing tasks in SAS Studio.  I will send you a private message with my contact information.

Best,

-Brian

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation