BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
venkatkumar
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello dear SAS experts,

Am a new SAS user trying to learn SAS through e-learning and i am using SAS university edition.

Here i got struck in Lesson no.3 and i could not move further,am attaching a screenshot of the problem i have faced, please help.

I would be grateful to you if you can explain me practically using the code.

Thank you

Ash.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

You did not post your error message. However, one problem that I note with your code is this:

Cynthia_sas_0-1589738117551.png

For this version of Programming 1, both statements should point to the data folder that is under the EPG194 main folder. Here's a video about making the data in Programming 1 using SAS University Edition: https://youtu.be/OZniWlafFEk .

You won't be able to go forward to Lesson 3 or any of the Lessons until after the data creation program runs correctly for you.

Hope this helps,

Cynthia

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
ed_sas_member
Meteorite | Level 14

Hi @venkatkumar 

Welcome to SAS communities!

It seems that SAS doesn't file PG1.NP_SUMMARY, meaning that:

• The libname is PG1. It is a kind of "nickname" that SAS uses to refer to a physical folder
  • The name of the dataset in NP_SUMMARY

Have you successfully created the PG1 library through a LIBNAME statement?

Have you successfully created the SAS datasets at the beginning of the course -> have the setup.sas and cre8data.sas programs run successfully?

Hope this helps,

Best,

Best,

venkatkumar
Fluorite | Level 6

@ed_sas_member 

Thank you for quick reply.

I went through the setup.sas and createdata.sas again and i found a warning message in the log when i tried to run the createdata.sas code,am attaching the pictures for your view.The setup page says the log should show multiple notes for the datasets when we run the createdata.sas code whereas the log which i got doesnt show many notes.

Thank you

Ash.

ed_sas_member
Meteorite | Level 14

Hi @venkatkumar 

Have you adapted the below code with the correct path in the setup to reflect your actual location ?

Capture d’écran 2020-05-13 à 08.31.42.png

(you can right click on the folder containing the SAS files and select properties to retrieve the actual path.

Capture d’écran 2020-05-13 à 08.43.12.png

Best,

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

You did not post your error message. However, one problem that I note with your code is this:

Cynthia_sas_0-1589738117551.png

For this version of Programming 1, both statements should point to the data folder that is under the EPG194 main folder. Here's a video about making the data in Programming 1 using SAS University Edition: https://youtu.be/OZniWlafFEk .

You won't be able to go forward to Lesson 3 or any of the Lessons until after the data creation program runs correctly for you.

Hope this helps,

Cynthia

venkatkumar
Fluorite | Level 6

@Cynthia_sas 

Thank you so much @Cynthia_sas 

I could run the data creation program succesfully !

tf642228
Calcite | Level 5

The only folder in the "this ZIP file" I download is EPG1V2 which doesn't include np_summary.

image.png

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi: It looks like you're got all the "flat" files and Excel files for class. But it doesn't look like you've made the data for class. Please go back to the Programming 1 class. Above Lesson 1, there is a Course Overview and Data Setup section of the class. The setup is NOT done until after you run a program that makes the rest of the data for class. We have explicit instructions for each possible method of using SAS. I can't tell from your screen shot how you are using SAS Studio because you did not show your full browser screen. So you'll have to figure out the right set of instructions to follow:

Cynthia_sas_0-1611856940675.png

Please note that thes instructions are NOT interchangeable. So it would be wrong to follow the University Edition instructions if you were using SAS OnDemand or Enterprise Guide (for example).
Cynthia

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 in conversation