BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
LawrenceHW
Quartz | Level 8

Hi,

I'm finding my way around defining custom tasks within SAS Studio (v3.5) and I was wondering if there's a way of checking whether the Velocity variable for the INPUTTEXT option element exists or not. So I only want this Velocity variable to appear in the SAS code if the INPUTTEXT has been completed by the user.

1 REPLY 1
LawrenceHW
Quartz | Level 8

After a bit of research and some trial and error I found that the following VTL works:

<CodeTemplate>
    <![CDATA[
#if ($textExample.empty=="false") $textExample #else NULL TEXT #end
    ]]>
  </CodeTemplate>

So this piece of code checks whether the Input Text variable is empty/missing ("true") or non-missing ("false"). I wanted to use this for optional macro parameters that require text when creating a Tasks to create a standard macro wizard.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 like
  • 1 in conversation