BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
gaganworks
Calcite | Level 5

Whenever I open my SAS Studio. The code window is too small horizontally and I have to drag it to right to increase its width. Also when I drag the RESULTS or OUTPUT tabs to the right they disappear and do not show RESULTS or OUTPUTS. Pls help

SAS_Studio_Capture.PNG

8 REPLIES 8
Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

Can you try using a different browser and see if you see the same issue?  For example if you are using Internet Explorer or Safari try switching to Chrome.  

Reeza
Super User

Go to Preferences and reset defaults if nothing else works. 

@gaganworks wrote:

Whenever I open my SAS Studio. The code window is too small horizontally and I have to drag it to right to increase its width. Also when I drag the RESULTS or OUTPUT tabs to the right they disappear and do not show RESULTS or OUTPUTS. Pls help

SAS_Studio_Capture.PNG

gaganworks
Calcite | Level 5

I have tried Internet Explorer(v11) and Google Chrome (v76) and the problem is both browsers. I am attaching the screen shot of SAS Studio in Google Chrome. Also I tried resetting to defaults in Preferences but this problem remains. 

I had changed the layout of Work Area once and since then I am facing this issue. I had dragged the RESULTS tab to the right, the shaded area appeared and then I released the mouse click, but I could not see the RESULTS tab. The same behavior happened with OUTPUT tab as well.

When I leave the RESULTS and OUTPUT tabs as their original places i.e. next to code tab then I am able to see the contents on both these tabs. But when I drag them to the right they they just disappear.

Also each time I click a SAS code to open in work area then its window width is very less (pls see attached screen shot) and then I have to drag the code window to the right to increase its width.

May be I can reset my work area layout using some option to default original settings, using "proc option" ?

Thanks

SAS_Studio_Capture2.PNG

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
PROC OPTIONS is not related to interface options. It is for system options like DATE/NODATE, NUMBER/NONUMBER, CENTER/NOCENTER and other options like ORIENTATION, and the margin options.

So, looking for a PROC OPTIONS solution is not the answer.

Have you tried clearing your cache and cookies and powering down the Virtual Machine -- then power it up again and bring up a fresh browser, with no other tabs active and JUST use that browser for SAS Studio -- when you do that, is the code window still cut off as you show?

I cannot replicate your experience with SAS Studio and SAS University Edition in any of the supported browsers: IE, Firefox or Chrome. I tend to use either Firefox or Chrome.

I would recommend not dragging or dropping the log or result tabs until you figure out why the code tab is not stretching to the end of the browser window.

I hope that someone from Tech Support or the SAS Studio group will see this and chime in with a suggestion.

Cynthia
gaganworks
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Cynthia, Yes I have tried all the options that you mentioned. I have cleared Chorme's history and cookies and have tried switching off the Virtual Machine completely and restarting it. I have "Reset to Defaults" and then "Save" in "Preferences" in "More Application Options" in SAS Studio.

I have even installed a new Firefox browser just to test this issue. But in ALL scenarios the issue still persists i.e. whenever I open a new SAS code file by clicking on it, in the left hand side panel, then my Code Window's width is about half the size of the Work Area available in SAS Studio, by default. I have to drag this window to the right every time that I click on a SAS code file to open it in Work Area.

I am attaching the screen shot of my SAS Studio when opened in FireFox.  Pls help.

Regards,

GagaSAS_Studio_Capture_Firefox.PNG

jennifert
SAS Employee

Hi @gaganworks ,

So sorry you are having this problem!  Have you tried the maximizing your work area with the Maximize view button maximize.gif on the toolbar?   

There could just be something corrupt in your downloaded file, in which case you might want to try downloading the SAS University Edition OVA file again.

You can also always create a track with SAS Technical Support using the following form:

http://support.sas.com/ctx/supportform/createForm

or by calling 1-800-727-0025.

thanks,

Jennifer

Catch the SAS Global Forum keynotes, announcements, and tech content!
sasglobalforum.com | #SASGF

hollandnumerics
Pyrite | Level 9

@gaganworks

maximize.gifshould maximise whichever window your focus is in, but, if this button doesn't work, try [Alt+F11], which is an alternative for anyone who prefers keyboard shortcuts!

...........Phil

Philip R Holland
Holland Numerics: Blog and Forums
http://blog.hollandnumerics.org.uk
hollandnumerics
Pyrite | Level 9

@gaganworks,

When I was replying to this question I was reminded of my first use of EG 8.1, where the opening screen looked remarkably similar. However, with the Code window in focus, the View menu included Program tab presets, which produced the following dropdown list:

EG8.1 tab layouts.png

I think what you are looking for in SAS Studio is the top layout (Standard) in EG 8.1.

..............Phil

Philip R Holland
Holland Numerics: Blog and Forums
http://blog.hollandnumerics.org.uk

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 6 in conversation