BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
kcpython
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello all, we would like to keep reports and data off our end points.  We currently have SAS Studio running jobs on a SAS Grid.  How can I configure SAS Studio to display reports and results from batch/background jobs in the SAS Studio and not trigger the jobs' results to be downloaded to the local machine. We are using Studio 3.5 (Enterprise Edtition).

2 REPLIES 2
AmyP_sas
SAS Employee

Sorry for the delay in responding.  Background submission puts the output in .log and .html files on the file system of the workspace server. If I'm reading your question correctly, your issue is not where the files are saved but what happens if the user tries to open them in SAS Studio.  When a user opens the html file, the browser downloads it since SAS Studio does not support opening .html files in the application.  What happens at that point is browser specific - some browsers (like IE) prompt for downloading html files versus opening them in a browser tab, some (like Firefox) allow you to configure what happens, and some (like Chrome) don't seem to give you a choice.  I'm not sure what a good answer would be.  What did you have in mind?  Or am I missing your question?  

kcpython
Obsidian | Level 7

You're on the right track.  Essentially, we want users to see their batch/background results without having to download the results.  We have users who need to hop on SAS Studio, run some reports, see those results but make sure a copy of those results don't end up on the local machine they're using, either in their download folder or some temp folder. One way we thought of making sure this doesn't happen was running SAS Studio in a browser on a remote desktop so no matter what they did in that session, nothing would end up on the local machine. 

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation