BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
niko
Calcite | Level 5

Just spun up my VM instance of SAS Unversity. However, instead of giving me a http://localhost:10080, 

It says:

"http://unknown"

I tried bumping down my processors and cores in the VM setup to no avail.

Any ideas?

7 REPLIES 7
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hi,

I don't think the problem is on the memory or CPU settings of your VM, but network settings.

Two questions:

On your PC's network connections: is it enabled the virtualbox/VMware connection?

On your VirtualBox/VMWare client's network settings, is it NAT enabled?

niko
Calcite | Level 5
Hey thanks for the quick response.

I'm using VMWorkstation 10. In the network settings for the VM it is
sharing the IP with the host.

##- Please type your reply above this line. Simple formatting, no
attachments. -##
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hi,

Well, my feeling is still that there is something strange in your network settings, or your VM is corrupted, as proposed on a different post.

Would be an option for you to download again SAS University Edition and follow all the steps from step 0?

rnels
Calcite | Level 5

Hey,

I had the same issue, as said below it is an issue with the network. For me (WMWare Workstation) I needed to use the Bridged network mode. Just cycle through until you get it to work.

Thanks,

mdghyas
Calcite | Level 5

Hi All,

I struggled alot with the http://unknown issue and finally resolved the issue by following steps.

1. Downloaded latest version of SAS University edition (Working folder) and in differnt locations.

2, Kept the shared folder (SASUniversityEdition/myfolders) inside working folder.

Hope this help others too.

rajesh_ch
Calcite | Level 5

This error is mainly due to the using of same .vmx file in more systems.  so vm ware can't  adjust the ip address of new system automatically due to old ip configuration in old system. so delete the all the files which are created by vm workstation  and reload the  sas .ova  file again  to vm ware.

lradam
Calcite | Level 5

After SasUniversity upgrade from pre-Dec.16,2016 installation on Win10, I experienced the same problem.

Fixed by upgrading to VMWare Player 12.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 in conversation