BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
paulgs
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I'm new to SAS but trying to learn using SAS Studio (running in Chrome). I use a Mac and when I try to paste text from the system clipboard (e.g. code I find online somewhere) the moment I hit the command key (command-V) the SAS Studio pop-up menu appears. I don't think I've done anything weird with my keyboard settings that should cause that behaviour.

Any ideas? I can't figure out why I can't paste from the Mac side to the SAS browser side.

Thanks,

Paul

4 REPLIES 4
Reeza
Super User
Have you tried CTRL+C and CTRL+V, Right clicking or Edit>Paste. There should be a warning to this effect that pops up on start up or at least there is regularly for me that one of these methods work and the rest will not.
paulgs
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks for that.

Something weird is obviously going on - I only get the square root symbol (√) when I try control-V.

GallagherML
Calcite | Level 5
I have found that because I am working in a virtual box via my web browser, the copy/paste function does not switch over from one 'machine' to my physical machine. I also tried what others described in the replies, and that didn't work for me.

I have exported data/log code as a PDF and copy/pasted when I opened the file from my Finder window.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 4 in conversation