BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
mpiotro2
Calcite | Level 5

I accidentally downloaded the wrong software for an intro biostatistics course.... I have the free SAS University Edition, but all the codes my professor uses is for SAS 9.4. Is there an easier to get this version aside from uninstalling SAS University Edition and then installing the SAS 9.4? Or is there a way to convert codes from SAS 9.4 to ones usable in SAS University Edition? 

4 REPLIES 4
Reeza
Super User
SAS UE is running SAS 9.4TS1M5.

If you want the full desktop version, you can easily delete the Oracle Virtual box and any other files downloaded. Then you can do the installation from SAS 9.4 depot, likely available from your University. It's an bit of a long process, as in how software was installed 20 years ago, so I would not delete the other version until you successfully install the new one. The two applications will not conflict with each other. The only limitation of SAS UE compared to base would likely be the graphing procedures though the graphing procedures in SAS UE are better IMO.
Reeza
Super User
And SAS 9.4 'PC version' is not free, you need to get it from your University (possibly free or a small charge. My uni charges $99 last time I checked). If it's included in the course that may be an option as well.
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

@Reeza wrote:
It's an bit of a long process, as in how software was installed 20 years ago,

Actually, with SAS that was a breeze. Insert the tape cartridge, run the tar command from the letter you got with the tape, wait for it to finish, and you were done. 5 minutes of work and 6 hours of waiting for the tape. Maybe another commandline for the setinit.

No wizards with deployment plans, multiple tiers, multiple levels or the like. Just SAS.

😉

ballardw
Super User

@Kurt_Bremser wrote:

@Reeza wrote:
It's an bit of a long process, as in how software was installed 20 years ago,

Actually, with SAS that was a breeze. Insert the tape cartridge, run the tar command from the letter you got with the tape, wait for it to finish, and you were done. 5 minutes of work and 6 hours of waiting for the tape. Maybe another commandline for the setinit.

No wizards with deployment plans, multiple tiers, multiple levels or the like. Just SAS.

😉

Unless you were stuck with Windows and two stack-feet of 3.5in floppy disks which required intervention every 3 to 5 minutes...

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation