BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
DataScientist
Quartz | Level 8

When I use the Graph > Box Plot task in SAS Studio 3.8 it provides a box plot with only the analysis variable as mandatory input. 

Whereas in the Box Plot task in SAS EG 8.1, 2 variable input is mandated.

Is it possible to mirror the output box plot of SAS Studio 3.8 in the SAS EG 8.1?

Please see the box plot task screenshots for both SAS EG 8.1 and SAS Studio 3.8 as well as the output from the SAS Studio Box Plot task that I want to attempt to mirror using SAS EG 8.1.

I'm using the CARS dataset from SASHELP. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BrianGaines
SAS Employee

Hi @DataScientist (Sandesh),

You are welcome -- I'm glad to help and glad to hear that you are now able to access the SAS Studio tasks from within EG.

For this situation, I think one thing that will work is to use Ctrl+mouse wheel to zoom in/out within EG so that the OK button eventually appears.

Another idea is that, since the Category role can be assigned to only one column, you can double click Origin within the Column selector to assign it to the Category role. However, this does work only when a role can be assigned to only one column, so in other situations you would have to resort to the method to adjust the zoom.

Do either of these work for you?

Thanks,

-Brian

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
BrianGaines
SAS Employee

Hi @DataScientist,

There are differences in the built-in tasks in EG and the tasks in SAS Studio, as you observed. However, it is possible to access the SAS Studio tasks from within EG. 

In EG, select Tools --> Options --> Tasks --> SAS Studio Integration. Make sure that "Display SAS Studio tasks from your version of SAS Studio" is selected and select the appropriate version of SAS Studio to use. Then go to the Tasks section of the navigation pane --> SAS Tasks --> Graph. Now there should be two "Box Plot" tasks, one that is the built-in EG task and one that is the SAS Studio task. If you hover your mouse pointer over the task name in the list, a popup appears that contains information including which type of task it is.

Does that work for you?

Thanks,

-Brian 

DataScientist
Quartz | Level 8

Hi Brian,

Thank you very much for letting me know how to access SAS Studio Tasks from within SAS EG. I was able to do this by switching from the Enterprise Edition to Single User mode in Options > Tasks > SAS Studio Integration as suggested.

In the SAS Studio Box Plot task now accessed through SAS EG, I've selected the dataset as SASHELP.CARS and Analysis variable as MPG_CITY. However, the variable selection window for Category does not display the OK button to select Category as Origin. I have tried the following with no success:

1. Trying to move the window so as to render the OK button to come into view. When I attempt to do this using the four arrow cursor the selection window just disappears from view.

2. Changing the setting 'Change the size of text, apps, and other items' in the Scale and layout section of my Display settings. 

Please see the attached screenshots in conjunction with the explanation provided above to better understand the issue.

Cheers,

Sandesh

BrianGaines
SAS Employee

Hi @DataScientist (Sandesh),

You are welcome -- I'm glad to help and glad to hear that you are now able to access the SAS Studio tasks from within EG.

For this situation, I think one thing that will work is to use Ctrl+mouse wheel to zoom in/out within EG so that the OK button eventually appears.

Another idea is that, since the Category role can be assigned to only one column, you can double click Origin within the Column selector to assign it to the Category role. However, this does work only when a role can be assigned to only one column, so in other situations you would have to resort to the method to adjust the zoom.

Do either of these work for you?

Thanks,

-Brian

DataScientist
Quartz | Level 8

Hi Brian,

Thanks to the pandemic all of my computer accessories are in the office, with my trusty work laptop and me stuck at home here in Victoria, Australia. So, unfortunately, the mouse solution might not be possible for me at least for the next week or so.

Having said that, the second solution you've proposed worked like a charm. Double-clicking on Origin worked. Your input on this is greatly appreciated.

Have a lovely day Brian.

Cheers,

Sandesh

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation