BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
jcbell
Obsidian | Level 7

I have a requirement where users would like to view models (SAS Code) and I'd like to use SAS Studio as the interface.  Does anyone know of a way to pass Studio either the SAS code as a Object, stream on a macro variable or reference the code that is previously stored some place.

I'd like to send users a URLthat when clicked opens Studio witht the code loaded in the editor.

Thanks,

John

2 REPLIES 2
Reeza
Super User

So this is an interesting question, and hopefully SAS will comment as well.

Perhaps Jupyter notebooks will work for you internally? Literally hot off the press 🙂

http://blogs.sas.com/content/sasdummy/2016/04/24/how-to-run-sas-programs-in-jupyter-notebook/

AmyP_sas
SAS Employee

This is a requirement we've heard but I don't have anything to offer you yet.  The first folks that asked for this were other R&D groups at SAS.  Other applications want to use Studio to, for example, view a table, open a process flow diagram, open a task, or, as you mention, open the editor with specific code already displayed.  So basically "calling" Studio to come up in a certain state or with a certain asset open.  So what the Studio R&D team is working on is a more generalized command line framework (for lack of a better term) to provide a way for other SAS applications to invoke a SAS Studio session and perform actions in another browser tab.  I'm sorry I don't have an estimate for when this will be available, though.  

If you have a use case that doesn't seem to fit into what I'm describing, please post it so we can make sure to include it in the work going on.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 3 in conversation