BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Samoon
Calcite | Level 5

I am in USA, however when ever I connect my SAS Studio it automatically choose europe and mark me out of region. Due to which i am unable to connect to my class and professor shared file. 

Please advice.

my email is samoonahmedkhan@hotmail.com

6 REPLIES 6
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
This sounds like something that you need to work on with Tech Support. They will need your email address and the name of your professor and the name of your class (in case you professor has more than one class). You can open a track with Tech Support by filling out this form: http://support.sas.com/ctx/supportform/createForm

cynthia
Samoon
Calcite | Level 5
Thanks Cynthia,
I did raise a ticket. I tried to call them, but its Saturday therefore it was unattended.

😊 Samoon Khan Takecare
Ksharp
Super User

Maybe your laptop is from your original country. Try to change system time zone and language of your computer.

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi: I believe the data for a class is stored on a server specific to the region where the instructor created the class. So if a student logs in from another region, their professor's data is probably not resident on the other region. Tech Support needs to work with the student or the professor to find out what different regions need to host the data. Tech Support is still the best resource for this.

cynthia
Samoon
Calcite | Level 5

I am not sure Cynthia. Other students in the class are not facing any issue. Therefore, Something is with my laptop. As I said. It perfectly work fine from home. Something to do with the university WIFI setting.  I think i need the Technical support to make America as default setting. I guess. 

Thanks for your help.

Samoon
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks Ksharp,

Yes my laptop is not from USA. I already checked the regional setting and time zoning. Its funny. When I am home, it work perfect and choose America as the central center but when i am in class at my university in the same city it change my regional location to Europe. 

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation