BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Alex_Ma
Fluorite | Level 6

I downloaded the SAS university edition last Friday. Then I tried to install it in my laptop but failed... I always got the following message when I tried to open the SAS studio. "出现意外错误。若该问题继续存在,请尝试清除您的浏览器 Cookie". If I translate the message to English, that should be "An unexpected error occurred. If this problem persists try clearing your browser cookies". 

I cleared the browser cookies in my laptop, but it's not working.

My laptop version is: MacBook Pro, OS version: 10.11.6. 

Oracle VM VirtualBox Version 5.1.24.

I also tried another VM software, like VMware Fusion 8.0.0.  but got the same error...

I have reinstalled the SAS university edition by "unvbasicvapp__9411010__ova__en__sp0__1.ova" several times with changing the number of processor and memory size.  but it's still not working. 

Could you please help me?? Thanks a lot.

Alex

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jenburry
SAS Employee

Hi Alex!

The error you are receiving is one that users get sometimes when they have a network security interferance.  SAS University Edition is hosted entirely off the local computer, but sometimes we see a network's security interfere with the loopback connection.

Please try disabling your network adapter to see if that allows the connection to go through.

I hope this helps!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
jenburry
SAS Employee

Hi Alex!

The error you are receiving is one that users get sometimes when they have a network security interferance.  SAS University Edition is hosted entirely off the local computer, but sometimes we see a network's security interfere with the loopback connection.

Please try disabling your network adapter to see if that allows the connection to go through.

I hope this helps!

ProfG
Calcite | Level 5

How did you disable teh network adapter? 

Alex_Ma
Fluorite | Level 6
Unplug the physical network cable directly or disable the wireless feature in the laptop.
sxliu
Calcite | Level 5

I tried everything suggested in the "Solved" trail: unplugging my physical network cable (no wi-fi in my desktop), disabling my network adapter, besides allowing virtual machine monitoring in my firewall, removing and reinstalling VirtualBox and SAS Univ. Edition, but still see the same message! It used to work until Jan. 21. Just wonder if anybody could help out. Thanks in advance.

Bob_single
Calcite | Level 5

Hi! Dear friends, We are in the same boat, I have the same problem with you. Did you solve this problem? I also cut off the Internet, but sas studio didn't work. I am very nervous. Thank you in advance! 

sxliu
Calcite | Level 5
Bob,

I recently fixed the issue by updating SAS univ. edition on my office
computer, while still not sure about the cause of the issue, since it
worked before on my office computer and worked on my laptop all along using
my office network. Good luck!

-SX
Bob_single
Calcite | Level 5

Hello! Dear friend, I had a problem installing SAS (college edition). After opening the virtual machine, I tried opening sas studio, type http://localhost:10080 in the browser, It would show that it could not log in for a few minutes, and eventually prompt me: an unexpected error logging into sas. If this problem persists, try clearing your browser Cookie. Thanks!   

Bob

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 5 in conversation