BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Bill_
Fluorite | Level 6

I have been using SAS Studio for almost a year, and I have acumulated quite a few (over 50) snippets.  It has become quite a mess having them all in one folder.  I see that the buit in snippets folder has sub folders, and I would like to do the same thing in the "My Snippets" folder. 

I have done many searches online and have not found any answers to how to do this.  I have managed to create sub folders under tasks by moving a task from the buit in list, to the "My" list.  This did not work when I tried to do the same from the buit in snippets.  I then went into the JSON for the snippets library and tried to edit it in the same way that the Task list has been modified to add a sub folder.  But that did not seem to do anything.

Hopefully someone has a way this can be done, even if it is a bit technical.  As I accumulate more snippets I would like someway to organize them. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
samdupont
SAS Employee

Hi,

Unfortunately, it was a design decision to only have one level as we didn't think that people would create that many snippets. Hindsight is better than foresight in this case as we've realized that is not the case. While not a solution for you in the short-term, this is being addressed in a future release. You'll be able to create as many levels of folders as you want. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
samdupont
SAS Employee

Hi,

Unfortunately, it was a design decision to only have one level as we didn't think that people would create that many snippets. Hindsight is better than foresight in this case as we've realized that is not the case. While not a solution for you in the short-term, this is being addressed in a future release. You'll be able to create as many levels of folders as you want. 

Bill_
Fluorite | Level 6

Well I can stop looking for a solution for now.  Thank you for candid answer.  I look forward to that feature in a future release.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation