BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
bondtk
Quartz | Level 8

Hi

When I run SAS studio this message comes in:

A shared folder named "myfolders" was not found on the virtual machine. See the FAQ for details.

I checked virtual machine settings and added the folder SASuniversityedition / myfolders and mount it .

start the SAS Studio,  on SAS studio portal,  I see Server files and folders and under that myfolders and then ecprg193 , but when I

click ecprg193 its empty.

when I go into my c drive folder , SASuniversityedition / myfolders/ecprg193 , all files are there,  how come SAS studio is not detecting the folder.  

please advise.

thanks

TK

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SuryaKiran
Meteorite | Level 14

Did you recently update your Virtal Box to 5.2.8? 

There is a known bug in this version which will fail shared folder. Solution for this is go back to previous version VirtualBox.  From here download the .exe file (For Windows) and install.

Thanks,
Suryakiran

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
SuryaKiran
Meteorite | Level 14

Did you recently update your Virtal Box to 5.2.8? 

There is a known bug in this version which will fail shared folder. Solution for this is go back to previous version VirtualBox.  From here download the .exe file (For Windows) and install.

Thanks,
Suryakiran
Reeza
Super User

If @SuryaKiran solution does not work, then take some screenshots of the following:

1. VM path settings
  2. Servers Files Folders
  3. Libname statement + log with errors

To get the path to folder that SAS thinks is correct:

• Right click the folder in the Server Files and Folders pane. 
  • Select Properties
  • Copy the path, use that in your programs. 

bondtk
Quartz | Level 8
Thanks , I revert back to the previous version and everything is normal now...thanks for your help.

Tk
SuryaKiran
Meteorite | Level 14

FYI, recent update for SAS UE fixed this issue. Now you can update your VirtualBox to 5.2.8 and update SAS UE.

Thanks,
Suryakiran

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation