BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
dheaney
Calcite | Level 5

This worked! I am just having trouble deleting this Junk folder. 

JackieJ_SAS
SAS Employee

Hooray!! I am glad it worked.

To delete a folder, you have to delete any files within the folder first. 

If you are able to right click on each file  to delete the files in your junk folder, than do that.

Otherwise- can you see how to modify the previous code to use a folder path to your junk folder? That will also delete all the datasets in that folder. 

dheaney
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Jackie,

Can you please confirm the correct code to use to do so? I appreciate all of your help!

JackieJ_SAS
SAS Employee

Try this:

libname mylib "~/sasuser.v94/Junk";

proc datasets library=mylib kill;
run; quit;

This deletes the datasets in the folder.

You can then right click on the Junk folder name and delete the folder itself.

JackieJ_SAS
SAS Employee

By the way, to get the folder path, you can right click on the folder name and select properties. You can then copy the folder path from there.

After this- make sure all your SAS dataset names:

1) contain only lowercase letters, numbers, or underscores
2) do not contain any spaces or punctuation other than underscores.

dheaney
Calcite | Level 5

This isn't working

JackieJ_SAS
SAS Employee

What error messages or notes are you seeing? Please provide more information.

dheaney
Calcite | Level 5

JackieJ_SAS
SAS Employee

That note means there are no datasets in the folder. Perhaps you were successful in deleting them.

Try refreshing your files using this button.

JackieJ_SAS_0-1727401086166.png

JackieJ_SAS
SAS Employee

If that one file is still there, then unfortunately I am out of suggestions at this point!

Your last file left has spaces and punctuations in the name, which may be causing extra problems.
I'll think on it.

dheaney
Calcite | Level 5
thank you!!
JackieJ_SAS
SAS Employee

Sure thing. You should be able to use SODA in the meantime, even with that file there. Have a nice evening!

Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

Why did you paste a screen shot into a PDF file and then upload it as an attachment?  You can just share the screen shot directly and then it will be immediately visible to readers of this forum.

If you want to remove a file that you can see in the Server Files and Folders tab of SAS/Studio you can first click on the file and then use right click (or whatever the mac equivalent is) to get a pop-up menu that includes a DELETE option.  It does not matter if the file has a .sas7bdat extension or some other extension.

Tom_0-1727414671866.png

You could also use the RENAME option to change the name of the sas7bdat file so that it has a "valid physical name".   Consists only of letters, digits and underscores and ends with .sas7bdat.  No spaces or hyphens or other strange characters.  That it does not start with a digit. No uppercase letters. There can only be a maximum or 32 characters before the period.

dheaney
Calcite | Level 5
is there anyway to reset my account? I loaded the file in at 5PM tonight and thats where things went wrong
dheaney
Calcite | Level 5

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 31 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation