BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
ekomaroff
Calcite | Level 5

I wrote a SAS macro that simulates many random variables and runs t-tests on SAS onDemand for Academics.  I want students in my online "Intro to Stats" course to use the macro when studying the concepts of null hypothesis testing and sampling distributions. However, the macro looks intimidating, but worse can get corrupted with key stroke errors and can be difficult to fix.  Is there a way to program a point-click wrapper on the macro that would work on SAS onDemand for Academics? This app would run macro "under the hood" but allow the user to click "buttons" to change sample sizes, number of runs, null parameters, and effect sizes.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SASJedi
SAS Super FREQ

SAS on Demand for academics uses SAS Studio 3.81 as the coding interface. You can create a custom task to execute your macro. The task can collect user input, and then generate the macro code behind the scenes. See SAS® Studio 3.8: Writing Your First Custom Task for more info.

Check out my Jedi SAS Tricks for SAS Users

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
SASJedi
SAS Super FREQ

SAS on Demand for academics uses SAS Studio 3.81 as the coding interface. You can create a custom task to execute your macro. The task can collect user input, and then generate the macro code behind the scenes. See SAS® Studio 3.8: Writing Your First Custom Task for more info.

Check out my Jedi SAS Tricks for SAS Users
JackieJ_SAS
SAS Employee

Hi, In addition to the documentation mentioned in the previous reply, SAS also offers a free e-learning course on how to create a custom task:

Course: Writing a Custom Task for SAS® Studio

Creating a task yourself for the first time is onerous, but it gets a lot easier once you have done it once.

I have taught this course in the past and have programs for this e-learning available on SAS OnDemand for Academics through a course. I'll email you separately with instructions.

ekomaroff
Calcite | Level 5

Thank you for offering instructive examples.  Please email to ekomaroff@keiseruniversity.edu

Eugene

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 3 in conversation