BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Reeza
Super User

Go into preferences, Code and Log and have it convert tabs to spaces and try re-running. 

It's clear that your first step reading in the data isn't' run correctly. 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Reeza
Super User

More information is required. 

Are you working on a locally installed version of SAS, or the cloud version, SAS On Demand?

Or a company server installation that you access via web browser?

What does not run mean? Do you get an error? If so, what is the error?

cminson02
Calcite | Level 5

Yes, I am using OnDemand. 

The error i get is invalid or missing data. My coworker downloaded the same exact file and ran it on his OnDemand and there was no error and everything read in correctly. 

Screenshot 2023-12-08 at 11.25.12 AM.png

 This is what it shows when I go to my results tab 

SASJedi
SAS Super FREQ

Are you using SAS on Demand for Academics? If not, how are you running SAS on your Mac? And what error messages are you getting? 

Check out my Jedi SAS Tricks for SAS Users
cminson02
Calcite | Level 5

Yes, I am using OnDemand. 

The error i get is invalid or missing data. My coworker downloaded the same exact file and ran it on his OnDemand and there was no error and everything read in correctly. 

cminson02_0-1702056380081.png

Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

Did you accidently let some TAB characters get into your SAS program file?

Unlike in Display Manager where tabs are converted to spaces when you submit code from the Program Editor, when you submit code from SAS/Studio editor the tabs characters actually get sent to SAS as part of the file.

Reeza
Super User

Go into preferences, Code and Log and have it convert tabs to spaces and try re-running. 

It's clear that your first step reading in the data isn't' run correctly. 

ballardw
Super User

Generally it is better to copy your code and then paste it into text box opened on the forum with the </> icon than to provide attachments. That way we can see the code without having to open an extra file and some of us just won't open any attachment for security reasons, organization policies or in my case laziness.

Best when you get errors is to copy the code and all the messages from the LOG and paste that into a text box.

SAS is fairly good about providing problem diagnostics of many types but learning to understand the log may take a bit.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 5 in conversation