BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
jz127323
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi 

As the current SAS studio is web-based and our PC is just a browser, how can I build things like local permanent datasets on my PC?

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
5 REPLIES 5
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

When you have a SAS OnDemand for Academics account, you are using SAS on our cloud server and SAS Studio can only access server files. Your Files (Home) area or /home folder is the location on the server that SAS Studio has permission to access. That means SAS on our server does not have any visibility of your local machine. So you cannot read from your local drive and you cannot write to your local drive with SAS Studio. If you create output or data sets up on the server, then you can go to the Server Files and Folders pane, locate the file(s) you want to keep locally and then right click and choose Download to download the file(s) you want to keep.

Hope this clarifies the SAS Studio/SAS OnDemand method of working.

Cynthia

jz127323
Obsidian | Level 7
Thank you I got it!
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

You can download any file (that is in your navigation tree) with SAS Studio.

Define a libname for your home directory, copy the dataset there, and you will see the .sas7bdat file in your file navigation.

Or export the data to an external file in your home directory to download that.

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi,
And, an additional thought. If you do NOT have access to SAS on your local machine, downloading a .sas7bdat file might not be productive if you do not have SAS locally or otherwise accessible.
It really depends on what you're trying to keep locally. For example, if you need to send output to a professor, then use the Output Delivery System to create your output files. Or, assuming your professor has access to SAS, you could send a data set to them.
Cynthia
Kedarnath_M
Obsidian | Level 7

I had trouble with this as well; here's a screenshot. 

you can use the arrows next to the trash can to download or upload files to/from your local machine.

Screen Shot 2021-09-12 at 9.30.22 AM.png

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 4 in conversation