BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
lyton80
Obsidian | Level 7

Is it possible for SAS to make all tabs on SAS OnDemand viewable at the same time as in SAS 9.4? It will enrich the experience and reduce the learning time.

11 REPLIES 11
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

As far as I know, this is not possible in SAS On Demand for Academics (or any interface using SAS Studio).

I consider this a major drawback to SAS Studio.

--
Paige Miller
tom_grant
SAS Super FREQ

You can do it by dragging the tabs around on the main canvas area:

tom_grant_0-1669662279374.png

tom_grant
SAS Super FREQ
Just grab a tab & drag it around on the canvas until the red x turns to a green check & release - the most I could get was 3 tabs to display:
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

@tom_grant wrote:
Just grab a tab & drag it around on the canvas until the red x turns to a green check & release - the most I could get was 3 tabs to display:

Using SAS On Demand for Academics, I can drag all day, and the green check mark never appears. All I can do is rearrange the order of CODE LOG RESULTS, I can't make the windows appear simultaneously as in your screen capture. I am using Firefox 107 on Windows 11. I have the same problem with Edge 107.0.1418.56.

--
Paige Miller
AhmedAl_Attar
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Using Chrome, here is what I was able to do

SAS_ODA_multiwindow.PNG

All three screens/windows (Code, Log, Results) are viewable. 

Hope this proves to you, this is doable,

Ahmed

PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

Thanks @AhmedAl_Attar 

Using Chrome on my work computer (Windows 10), I can achieve the result of several windows appearing at the same time. I will have to try again later at home with Firefox and/or Edge, which did not allow me to do this earlier, but maybe I was doing it wrong.

--
Paige Miller
AhmedAl_Attar
Rhodochrosite | Level 12
Hi Paige
I just tried Firefox (107.0), and because I had the windows (Code, Log, Results) arranged to be all viewable in Chrome, that same layout setting was preserved when I launched SAS Studio in Firefox
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

I was able to make this work on my home computer in Firefox. Thank you @AhmedAl_Attar 

Which brings me to my next major unhappiness with SAS Studio, related to the above discussion. If I am trying to merge/join two data sets, and its not working, I want to see portions of both data sets, side by side, plus the code and maybe the log. Can this be done in SAS Studio? Can you display two data sets side-by-side, or one above the other, plus code window and possibly log window?

--
Paige Miller
AhmedAl_Attar
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Hi @PaigeMiller 

I was not able to display side-by-side SAS data sets either. 

I have a feeling that's a deliberate limitation, because the data set viewer interface is a very complex composite object (Columns Selector, Column Attribute, Data Grid, Records Paginator) 

Maybe this could be a feature request 😉

PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

Thanks again. I believe that a long time ago, I made a similar feature request ... or at least discussed this here in this forum. I just hope I never have to do real work in SAS Studio.

--
Paige Miller

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 in conversation