BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ErichD
Calcite | Level 5

Hello!

I'm working though my coursework to learn SAS Enterprise Miner in my Business Intelligence class. I've run into an issues (well, another one, but one I haven't figured out in the last 4 hours).

I have my predictive model started, and have decision trees attached to the replacement node... I should be able to find the Iteration Plot from the results window of the decision tree. I can't. Here's what I see instead:

4 REPLIES 4
ErichD
Calcite | Level 5
I can get the subtree assessment plot open, and it does some of the same displays... but not all. I can't post another screenshot (pdf)?
tom_grant
SAS Super FREQ

The Iteration Plot is what's displayed when you select:

View -> Model ->Subtree Assessment Plot 

Not sure why the option in EM is not:

View -> Model -> Iteration Plot

In EM Subtree Assessment Plot = Iteration Plot

ErichD
Calcite | Level 5

Thank you for the clarification. Is there a new tutorial that explains the Iteration Plot and Subtree Assessment Plot are roughly the same? Maybe also an explainer sent to all instructors?

Semantics like this just drive me crazy and make think perhaps the products isn't supported properly, so why am I learning it?

Again, thank you for your reply! 

tom_grant
SAS Super FREQ
I based my comment on Chapter 3 of the Applied Analytics Using Enterprise Miner (SAS Course). If you are an Educator, you can get the course notes from the SAS Educator Portal - https://www.sas.com/en_us/learn/academic-programs/educators.html.

In Chapter 3, it states in one of the solutions to the exercises "Select View -> Model -> Subtree Assessment Plot from the Results wiindow menu.
The Iteration Plot window appears"

It is a bit confusing, as other modeling nodes the option is "Select View -> Model -> Iteration Plot.

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation