BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
SShubert
Calcite | Level 5

Hello Community,

I am having major trouble with my assignment. I have an excel data set that I've loaded into SAS studio.  It did not show any errors. I tried to bring it into Enterprise Miner and the library was created but I couldn't see my data source.  I cannot see what I'm doing wrong from SAS studio all the way to bringing the data source in.  DataServLib.PNGMissing Data SetMissing Data SetSays path is not vaild after trying to modify the dataSays path is not vaild after trying to modify the dataNo errors in SAS StudioNo errors in SAS Studio

8 REPLIES 8
tom_grant
SAS Super FREQ
A few suggestions:
1. In SAS Studio, rename the folders without spaces (you can use underscores) - not sure if this will help.
2. Once you see the SAS dataset (.sas7bdat file) in the folder in SAS Studio, right-click on the folder & select properties. Copy the path, & then in Enterprise Miner paste the path in the Library Wizard when creating the Library. (It looks like your second-shot is using the path c:\... which is not correct).
3. From the log in 3rd screen-shot, it looks like you are creating a SAS dataset called Import in the Work library - In the Import Wizard (SAS Studio) - make sure you change the Library (& dataset name) to a library associated with those folders. You can right-click on the folder & select Create->Library if you do not have one associated with the folder already.
Hope that helps.
SShubert
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Tom,

I erased my excel file and brought it back in as DatServ file name.  I ran the code and no errors.  I can't get it into a .sas7bat file now.  Also I wanted to move it into Libraries so I can get it from there but also unsure of how to get it there.

tom_grant
SAS Super FREQ
So SAS successfully created the dataset from Excel file but it is saved in the Work Library & the dataset is called Import - if you scroll down a bit in the top section of the screen - you will see where you can change the library & dataset name.
SShubert
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Tom,

I did that a little while ago after stumbling upon it.  Now I was succesful in loading the data into a library but now It won't let me pull the data source into my project. What do I need to clean up in my excel file?datasource.JPGSAStableERROR.JPG

tom_grant
SAS Super FREQ

In SAS Studio go the the More Applications Options button:

tom_grant_0-1669142168699.png

Then select preferences.

In the tables properties, set the SAS variable name policy to V7 & member name policy to Compatible

tom_grant_1-1669142263331.png

Make sure you scroll down & select SAVE

You'll have to re-import your excel file.  This should fix the variable names so that they follow naming standards.

tom_grant
SAS Super FREQ
Let me know if this fixed the problem.

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation