BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
HaribaskarS
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

i tried to use exported SAS data set from SAS Studio in my EM project. However, data source wizard give a server error pop up mentioning that "The data set contains variables with invalid column names. The SAS option VALIDVARNAME=ANY is currently disabled. Please consult your SAS Language Reference for more information."

I had rename my variable so that the variable follow the rules of SAS Variable name and re-export my data. But I still get the same message. I have also ran the PROC CONTENTS for the dataset but I couldn't find any invalid column name. 

What should I do? 

EM ErrorEM ErrorPROC CONTENTS DATAPROC CONTENTS DATA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

By default, variable names cannot begin with a digit. The variable names you show are all illegal.

If you run this command

options validvarlist=any;

that should make your variable names acceptable to SAS.

--
Paige Miller

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

By default, variable names cannot begin with a digit. The variable names you show are all illegal.

If you run this command

options validvarlist=any;

that should make your variable names acceptable to SAS.

--
Paige Miller
Reeza
Super User

Or set VALIDVARNAME=V7 in SAS Studio and then export your data to be used in EM. I suspect this will be easier for OP to control than settings in EM.

options validvarname=v7;

proc export data=....