BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
HaribaskarS
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

i tried to use exported SAS data set from SAS Studio in my EM project. However, data source wizard give a server error pop up mentioning that "The data set contains variables with invalid column names. The SAS option VALIDVARNAME=ANY is currently disabled. Please consult your SAS Language Reference for more information."

I had rename my variable so that the variable follow the rules of SAS Variable name and re-export my data. But I still get the same message. I have also ran the PROC CONTENTS for the dataset but I couldn't find any invalid column name. 

What should I do? 

EM ErrorEM ErrorPROC CONTENTS DATAPROC CONTENTS DATA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

By default, variable names cannot begin with a digit. The variable names you show are all illegal.

If you run this command

options validvarlist=any;

that should make your variable names acceptable to SAS.

--
Paige Miller

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

By default, variable names cannot begin with a digit. The variable names you show are all illegal.

If you run this command

options validvarlist=any;

that should make your variable names acceptable to SAS.

--
Paige Miller
Reeza
Super User

Or set VALIDVARNAME=V7 in SAS Studio and then export your data to be used in EM. I suspect this will be easier for OP to control than settings in EM.

options validvarname=v7;

proc export data=....

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation