BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Izzah_Hanan
Calcite | Level 5

If we generate a link to the report, can we share it to other people? If can, they can view and edit the report?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
lhartjordan
SAS Employee

Within Visual Analytics, select the menu icon in the upper right corner, select Share Report.  The Share window will open.  Select the member icon 

lhartjordan_3-1693407795358.pngand a drop down list will appear with the list of users on your tenant.  Select the user you want to share with, select the access (read or read and edit) and select Share.  The user will get a notification that you have shared a report with them.  They can find the report in the Shared with Me folder in Visual Analytics.  (Select Open from the menu icon in the upper right hand corner.  Select Shared with Me on the right hand side of the Open window.)

lhartjordan_4-1693408073796.png

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

If you created the link by using the feature in Visual Analytics--for example, depending on the version, it might be Copy Link--then you can send it to someone who has the ability to log into your environment and who has permission to view the report. They can edit the report if they also have editing capability. 

Which version of Visual Analytics are you using? I can send you a link to the documentation for your version. 

Depending on the version, you might also have the ability to share the report itself, not just a link. 

Izzah_Hanan
Calcite | Level 5
I'm using SAS Viya for Learners 3.5. How to give others the permission to
edit?
Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

I think that it is unlikely that you have the ability to share reports from a Viya for Learners environment. I am going to move your post to the learning community for more assistance. 

lhartjordan
SAS Employee

The Viya for Learners platform is actually 60 identical Viya environments.  For load balancing purposes, users are assigned to one of the 60 tenants (you can see which tenant you are assigned to by the URL - ex. https://v4e035.vfe.sas.com/SASDrive/ is tenant 35.  You cannot share reports across tenants or create links to share.

You can save the XML for the Report by pressing Clt+Alt+B, and then save.  You can email that file to someone on a different tenant & if the data is common to all tenants, they should be able to "recreate" the report by opening an new report and Clt+Alt+B to load the xml code.

Hoping others will comment with more details.

Izzah_Hanan
Calcite | Level 5
I'm assigned to tenant 67. Is this tenant possible to share the report with
other users?
tom_grant
SAS Super FREQ
Only other users assigned to tenant 67.
Izzah_Hanan
Calcite | Level 5
Can you tell me the way to share the report with the users assigned to tenant 67?
lhartjordan
SAS Employee

Within Visual Analytics, select the menu icon in the upper right corner, select Share Report.  The Share window will open.  Select the member icon 

lhartjordan_3-1693407795358.pngand a drop down list will appear with the list of users on your tenant.  Select the user you want to share with, select the access (read or read and edit) and select Share.  The user will get a notification that you have shared a report with them.  They can find the report in the Shared with Me folder in Visual Analytics.  (Select Open from the menu icon in the upper right hand corner.  Select Shared with Me on the right hand side of the Open window.)

lhartjordan_4-1693408073796.png

bryanmehi
SAS Employee

Hi Izzah, if you need any help sharing reports between tenants, I've just posted an article with a step-by-step guide: https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Communities-Library/Sharing-Reports-in-SAS-Viya-for-Learners/ta-p... 

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 5 in conversation