BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

Well, it's the first day of SAS University Edition not being around. We've gotten a few questions in our chat system and in our email system about your University Edition files and how to access them again. So here are some of the questions we've been seeing, in no particular order.

Cynthia

• Can I use SAS OnDemand from Academics to read from my local drive (like my C drive or my Mac hard drive)? I'd like to point to my shared folder location for University Edition with SAS Studio.
    • So, SAS Studio and SAS OnDemand for Academics can only read/write files stored on the server. You can upload files, but SAS Studio will not directly read files or write files to your local machine. When you open SAS Studio, if you click your Server Files and Folders pane, you should see a Files (Home) top node. You can create folders under that top node.
  • Can I upload more than one file at a time?
    • Yes. After you click Browse Files in the Upload window and you navigate to your local folder, just Shift+Click or Ctrl+Click to copy a group of files.
  • Can I just highlight a folder and upload all the files in that folder?
    • No, that doesn't work. You can upload multiple files, but you can't upload an entire folder by just selecting the folder. You have to make the equivalent folder structure under your Files (Home) top node and then upload the folder contents. The upload does go fast. Just remember that you have a 5GB limit on storage space.
  • My Upload button in SAS Studio is greyed out. Why is that?
    • There is a known issue with Safari having the Upload button greyed out. Safari works great with SAS Studio for everything else, but the Upload. We recommend using Chrome to do the upload and then you can switch to Safari for everything else or just keep using Chrome or Firefox with SAS Studio.
  • Do I need to copy all my class files over again, like for Programming 1 or Programming 2?
    • You could upload from your shared folder on your local drive to the SAS OnDemand server. But it might be faster to go back to the Course Overview and Data Setup section of the course and just run the program to create all the files and folders on the server. The data creation program makes everything for you. Then, you just need to upload only the files that you've saved or changed for the class (which should be a smaller group of files).
1 REPLY 1
himself
Quartz | Level 8
Good bye to sas university edition, was a nice experience, working some demo in sas university edition.
#LookingForwardInExploringSASDemand

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 8 likes
  • 2 in conversation