BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
SarahL1
Calcite | Level 5

Hello,

This is a probably very basic question, but as I've never coded anything or been involved in this kind of work before, I am starting with almost zero knowledge of this area:

I am a grad student working with a professor as an assistant on a research project. We are looking to use blocked random assignment for our study and found an article that included a code written (in SAS) for this kind of random assignment. What all is involved in the actual use of a code from SAS? Do we need the SAS software? What would be the step-by-step process of using it to generate blocked random assignments?

Thank you for any help you can offer!

2 REPLIES 2
ballardw
Super User

If the code is SAS then likely you need to have a version of SAS available.

For students and teaching professors there is a version, SAS On Demand for Academics, that is web-based and free.

If the code uses Proc Plan then likely most of what you need is to enter the code with the bits that you need. Depending on how close the example you have fits your need that may be simple or complex.

If the code does not use Proc Plan then there may be more work involved. We would have to see the example you found to know.

There will be some details about downloading the results from the web.

WarrenKuhfeld
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

If you are looking for a randomized block design (I'm not sure from your question) use this macro.

https://support.sas.com/rnd/app/macros/MktBlock/MktBlock.htm

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 3 in conversation