BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
judgee
Calcite | Level 5

Hello! 

I am taking the programming 1 class and am having some issues with the initial data setup. 

I keep getting the same error: "Note: Library PG1 does not exist" 

Here is the code: 

/***********************************************/
/* In the line of code below, replace FILEPATH */
/* with the path to your EPG1V2/data folder */
/***********************************************/

%let path=/Users/elysejudge/Downloads/EPG1V2/data;

/**********************************************/
/* DO NOT EDIT THE CODE BELOW */
/**********************************************/

libname PG1 "&path";

Any help anyone is able to provide would be much appreciated! 

5 REPLIES 5
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

/Users looks lije the "home" path on a Mac. SAS does not run on a Mac.

To set up the example data correctly, you MUST follow the instructions for your environment to the letter.

tom_grant
SAS Super FREQ
Are you trying to set-up the Programming 1 class on SAS OnDemand for Academics? If so you'll need to follow these directions:
Setup Instructions for SAS OnDemand for Academics: SAS Studio
Task 1 of 2: Access SAS OnDemand for Academics
Sign in with your SAS profile email address and password (the same one you use to access this training). Then, register for a SAS OnDemand for Academics account. You can use this same link to sign in to SAS OnDemand for Academics after you register.

Register or Sign in

Task 2 of 2: Create your course files.
To complete the practices in this course, you must complete the steps below to set up the data sets and practice files for SAS Studio. These instructions assume that you have an active SAS OnDemand for Academics account.

Open this zip file and extract it to any location on your computer. The unzip process creates a folder named EPG1V2 that includes one SAS program: createdataPG1v2_oda.sas.

Sign in to your SAS OnDemand for Academics Dashboard and start SAS Studio.

At the top of the Server Files and Folders panel, click New New button and select Folder.

In the Name box, type EPG1V2 in uppercase exactly as shown. Click Save.

If necessary, expand Files(Home) and verify that the EPG1V2 folder was created.

Select the EPG1V2 folder and click UploadUpload button.

In the Upload Files window, click Choose Files. Browse to the EPG1V2 folder on your computer, select createdataPG1v2_oda.sas, and click Open. Click Upload. The program is added to the EPG1V2 folder on the server.

If necessary, expand the EPG1V2 folder, and then double-click createdataPG1v2_oda.sas to open the program in SAS Studio.

Click RunRun all or selected code (F3) button or press F3 to run the program. This program creates all the SAS files and data you need for this course. After the program runs, a list of SAS tables is displayed in the Results tab.

In the Server Files and Folders panel, you should have 5 subfolders in the EGP1V2 folder: activities, data, demos, output, and practices.
When you are asked to provide a file path to a data file, you can use ~/EPG1V2/data as a shortcut to your files. To see the full path, right-click the data folder and select Properties.

Note: The EPG1V2 folder is the location of your course files in SAS OnDemand for Academics. In activities, demos, and practices, the instructions specify the folder (activities, demos, or practices) to open and the file name. These files are available each time you sign in to SAS OnDemand for Academics: SAS Studio.
judgee
Calcite | Level 5

Thank you both for your help, I figured out the issue (a combination of following the wrong directions and saving the files to my home drive on my mac, tried a USB instead and that worked). 

UnajiLucy
Calcite | Level 5

Please can I get the link to the zip file that contains the course work for the sas program

JosvanderVelden
SAS Super FREQ
The link can be found in the instructions for the course data setup. This is part of the first section of the elearning course. The correct zipfile depends on the environment you are using for the practices.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 in conversation