BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
FattahMArif
Calcite | Level 5

Sorry, I'm not sure which location I'm supposed to select, but I'm taking the LinkedIn Learning course "SAS 9.4 Cert Prep."

I tried following the instructions associated with the exercise files, but I use the license that my work provided (SAS EG 7.1), not OnDemand for Academics (or, whatever it's called). I can't seem to make the "pg1createdata" file work. Creating a "libname" statement for PG1 seems to be more effective, but the data isn't sorted the way the demo shows in the class (specifically "Part 03: Exploring and Validating Data"). If I use a "by <descending> statement" to sort by "Name" in alphabetical order under "proc print", then it stops at the first one with a missing value for "Name". I don't know how to make it continue to the rest of the blanks let alone to A - Z.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JosvanderVelden
SAS Super FREQ
You need to create the folder 'EPG194' on the server where SAS runs.
You can do that in the Servers pane within enterprise guide. SAS OnDemand for Academics runs on a linux server. So if your organization runs SAS on linux then the code of pg1createdata.sas should run without issues if there are no firewall/security/connection limitations.
If your organization runs SAS on a windows server you'll need to adapt the sas-file.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
JosvanderVelden
SAS Super FREQ
I believe that pg1createdata will try to download data from the internet. If your company has firewalls and connection/security restrictions then that download will fail.
Is there an error in the SAS log when you execute pg1createdata? If yes, can you post the log with the first error?
Is there a support contact or forum on linkedin learning where you can post the question?
FattahMArif
Calcite | Level 5

Yes, here's the error when I run it without changing anything. There's a different error when I change the path to whatever folder the data from the lessons are located. I can post that too.

And, yes, there's a forum for this course on LinkedIn Learning. Someone actually already asked the question on how to get the PG1 library about a month ago, but there isn't any responses there. I commented to see if they were able to figure it out anyway, but I haven't heard back yet.

JosvanderVelden
SAS Super FREQ
Did you create a new folder in your home directory on the server with the name EPG194?
It seems that folder does not exist.
That should be one of the first steps in the instructions file.
FattahMArif
Calcite | Level 5

I have a folder "My SAS Files" which I don't remember where it came from (definitely before I started the LinkedIn Learning course), but it seems to have the datasets that will be used in the courses. I'm uploading the instructions. They mention signing up for a free SAS OnDemand for Academics account, but I get SAS 9.4 and SAS EG 7.1 through my work. I think we also have SAS Studio 3.71, but I can't get it to load for some reason (perpetually initializing).

JosvanderVelden
SAS Super FREQ
You need to create the folder 'EPG194' on the server where SAS runs.
You can do that in the Servers pane within enterprise guide. SAS OnDemand for Academics runs on a linux server. So if your organization runs SAS on linux then the code of pg1createdata.sas should run without issues if there are no firewall/security/connection limitations.
If your organization runs SAS on a windows server you'll need to adapt the sas-file.
FattahMArif
Calcite | Level 5

My SAS support team at work helped me get SAS Studio, but I still got the same error as I shared previously. I wonder if it's because I changed the location of "My SAS Files". I don't remember where it was located originally. In trying to see if there was a way to put it back where it was originally, I ended up deleting it permanently. Is there a way to find those files online? I don't even remember how I got them in the first place.

JosvanderVelden
SAS Super FREQ

No, it has nothing to do with "My SAS Files".
Please respond:
1. Is the server windows or Linux?
2. Does your company allow full access to the internet via http?
NOTE: If your company has restrictions in place for internet access then you should consider using SAS OnDemand for Academics.

FattahMArif
Calcite | Level 5

It looks like I was downloading the wrong course files. One of the instructors helped me figure it out. It looks like everything is working fine now. Sorry for the delayed response.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation