BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Skiltonb
Calcite | Level 5

Good Evening,

I am taking a course for Machine Learning using SAS Viya 3.5. When i follow the instructions for the first lesson, the Logistics Regression Node fails to run. I have tried over 20 different times clearing my cache, different browsers, different settings, and every time the node fails and i get an error message that says "An error occurred while the pipeline was running. Please refer to the logs for more details." When i check the log, it looks like the models fails to connect to the server. It also looks like the data set that is used for the lesson (COMMSDATA) doesn't match the video, for example when i load the majority of the variables show up as "Rejected".  I am close to withdrawing from the course because i am just so frustrated.

I did complete a previous course using SAS and i did not have any issues using SAS in the course.

Attached is the error log.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
tom_grant
SAS Super FREQ

Sorry you are having such a tough time.

My guess is someone has "messed-up" the metadata for COMMSDATA.  Try running a very simple model by setting all the variable's roles to rejected & then set Churn to Target & a few of the other variables to Input (like the MB_... vars).  See if that runs okay.

You will likely have to correct the metadata to match the course notes.

Unfortunately, there is no way to prevent users from changing the Metadata of a data source.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
tom_grant
SAS Super FREQ

Sorry you are having such a tough time.

My guess is someone has "messed-up" the metadata for COMMSDATA.  Try running a very simple model by setting all the variable's roles to rejected & then set Churn to Target & a few of the other variables to Input (like the MB_... vars).  See if that runs okay.

You will likely have to correct the metadata to match the course notes.

Unfortunately, there is no way to prevent users from changing the Metadata of a data source.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation