BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
ylance
Calcite | Level 5

Hello all,

I am having trouble locating the necessary data sets for the first demo in Lesson 1. I am aware that SAS Viya and SAS Viya for Learners have minor differences but I'm not sure if that is the reason why I can't locate "cas-shared-default." I downloaded our course data already, but the only option I see in the "Data Sources" tab after clicking "Choose Data" is "cas-v4e044-default." Although there is the "public" folder, I do not see "PVA.sashdat" and "VS_Bank.sashdat."

It would be appreciated if anyone has solutions to this problem.

Thanks! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

My understanding is that, for the class that uses the VS_BANK data, you do NOT need to load the data onto the CAS server because the data is ALREADY loaded on the Viya for Learners server.

As an example, when I log onto my Viya for Learners account and go into Explore and Visualize from the application menu and then pick "Start with Data" to choose data, I only need to click Available, as shown below:

Cynthia_sas_0-1683494925034.png

In order to scroll to or search for the VS_BANK data. My understanding from talking to the course developers is that under the Available choice, ALL of the data files shown in the list have already been loaded on Viya for Learners.

My recommendation is that you work with your professor or teaching assistant if you are having issues working with Viya for Learners.

Cynthia

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

My understanding is that, for the class that uses the VS_BANK data, you do NOT need to load the data onto the CAS server because the data is ALREADY loaded on the Viya for Learners server.

As an example, when I log onto my Viya for Learners account and go into Explore and Visualize from the application menu and then pick "Start with Data" to choose data, I only need to click Available, as shown below:

Cynthia_sas_0-1683494925034.png

In order to scroll to or search for the VS_BANK data. My understanding from talking to the course developers is that under the Available choice, ALL of the data files shown in the list have already been loaded on Viya for Learners.

My recommendation is that you work with your professor or teaching assistant if you are having issues working with Viya for Learners.

Cynthia

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 4 likes
  • 2 in conversation