BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
scottyoung77
Fluorite | Level 6

Oh good God, please tell me there's a way to recover an accidentally deleted SAS program in SAS Studio. I've been working on a program for the last two weeks and just accidentally deleted it. There doesn't appear to be any kind of recycle bin in SAS Studio (which is completely blowing my mind, but that's another issue altogether).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JackieJ_SAS
SAS Employee
Hi, I’m very sorry to hear about your file! I suggest you email ODA tech support at sasoda@sas.com.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
JackieJ_SAS
SAS Employee
Hi, I’m very sorry to hear about your file! I suggest you email ODA tech support at sasoda@sas.com.
scottyoung77
Fluorite | Level 6

Thanks Jackie - appreciate the suggestion. I actually wound up rebuilding the file (which went quicker since I'd been working on the original for two weeks), but it still took me 5 hours.

Can't believe there's no recycle bin option here... 😯 😢 😤 🤐

SASKiwi
PROC Star

There is an Autosave option in SAS Studio. However I think that only deals with unsaved programs. If you deliberately delete a program, then that is where version control software can save your bacon. I'm not sure if you can hook up SODA to Github though as that would definitely solve your problem.

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation