BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
NS11
Calcite | Level 5

NS11_0-1725895158779.png

Tried searching for dataset ACME BANK cannot do so in search nothing appears please help

10 REPLIES 10
antonbcristina
SAS Employee

Hi @NS11 are you using SAS Information Catalog in Viya for Learners? I was able to search and find an ACME Bank dataset.  

NS11
Calcite | Level 5
yes I am using Viya for learners I still cant search for the dataset
antonbcristina
SAS Employee

In VFL, you might need admin access to get full functionality from Information Catalog. Have you tried searching for it in SAS Data Explorer (Manage Data from the Applications menu)?

NS11
Calcite | Level 5
Yes I can get the data from manage data, however, it need to analyse it, is there a way I analys the data to view the descriptive stats from the manage data menu?
antonbcristina
SAS Employee

In SAS Data Explorer, you would search and find the dataset, load it into memory and from the top right corner, select Action -> Explore and Visualize. This will add the dataset to a Visual Analytics report which you can then use to explore the data and look at summary statistics. 

antonbcristina_0-1725903792189.png

JackieJ_SAS
SAS Employee

Hi, I can confirm that you do not need any special admin functionality to search for a dataset in information catalog. I put acme bank into the search box in the top middle of the screen and this is what I get:

JackieJ_SAS_0-1725903810781.png

Please put a screen shot of what your screen shows when you enter acme bank into the search. Also, please tell us which deployment number you are on. The number is in your web address. For example- my address is https://vfl-025.engage.sas.com/, so I am on deployment 25.

You can then click on the dataset you want and a screen that looks like this will come up:

JackieJ_SAS_0-1725903957588.png

Click the blue "Analyze Data" button to generate descriptive statistics for the dataset. This is not instantaneous but usually completes in a few minutes.

A completed analysis will look like this:

JackieJ_SAS_1-1725904014442.png

NS11
Calcite | Level 5

Hi this is what my screen displays when i search for Acme bank result displaying 0. https://vfl-026.engage.sas.com/SASInformationCatalog/. I believe I am on deployment 26

NS11_0-1725930036075.png

tom_grant
SAS Super FREQ
I believe there is an issue with Information Catalog on Environment 26 - I will open a technical support ticket.
tom_grant
SAS Super FREQ
Should be working now - Acme Bank is back in business on Environment 26.
JackieJ_SAS
SAS Employee

Additionally, this post describes the statistics that information catalog can provide:

SAS Information Catalog Replaces View Measure Details (and More!) in S... - SAS Support Communities