BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
mrsabat
Calcite | Level 5

mrsabat_0-1634584141984.png

I AM CLICKING ON THE PRINT CODE BUTTON BUT IT'S SHOWING ONLY 1ST LINE. WHY IT'S NOT SHOWING ALL THE CODES IN THE PRINT PAGE. THEN HOW TO PRINT OUT THE CODES?

13 REPLIES 13
tom_grant
SAS Super FREQ
Print code icon should work - can you attach screenshot of what the result of clicking on Print Code?
mrsabat
Calcite | Level 5

it should have worked but it's not. Ok here I have attached the page showing after clicking the "print code" button. 

mrsabat_0-1634625818105.png

tom_grant
SAS Super FREQ
Try changing the destination to something other than PDF if you are able.

Is there anything on the second page?
bbassett
Calcite | Level 5
The same thing is happening to me. It only prints the first two lines of code.
I need to keep the formating colors for an assignment and copy and pasting into my document deletes all the
formatting. Did you ever figure out how to do this?
mrsabat
Calcite | Level 5
Yes you are right. It's not working. And there is no way we can get the
colourful codes out as pdf.
ballardw
Super User

You may want to consider picking a single INFORMAT for a variable. Multiple INFORMAT statements can lead to incorrect program results.

Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

What browser are you using to connect to SAS/Studio?

What version of SAS/Studio are you using?  

bbassett
Calcite | Level 5

I'm using Chrome and SAS on Demand for academics. 

bbassett
Calcite | Level 5

If I use Safari as my browser, it prints correctly. If I use Chrome, it only prints the first 2 lines. 

Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

Works on Windows with 

Chrome is up to date
Version 95.0.4638.54 (Official Build) (64-bit)
It opens a new tab with just the text (using some type of javascript to show line numbers) and then opens the Print dialog window.

• Make sure that you are not running some extension that is blocking it.
  • Try closing SAS/Studio.  Clear your cache from sas.com and then re-launching.

bbassett
Calcite | Level 5

My chrome is up to date. 95.0.4638.54

I cleared the sas cache and cookies and removed all the extensions. 

Still pops open a new tab and only prints the first two lines if I use chrome. 

If I use safari, it opens a new tab and prints the entire code. 

Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

I tried it on Mac and it seemed to do something similar.  The Print Preview screen only showed a tiny little squiggle.

Then Chrome said it needed to restart to finish updating. (Version 94.0.4606.81 (Official Build) (x86_64))

And then it appeared to work.  Clicking the Print icon in SAS/Studio (using SAS ODA version) opened a new tab with just the code. But it did not automatically try to actually PRINT the code. I had to request the actual print dialog from Chrome myself.

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

Just did a test on my MacBook (macOS 10.15.7) with Safari and a current Chrome. Both browsers had the complete code in the print window.

See what SAS TS has to say.

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 13 replies
  • 1 like
  • 6 in conversation