BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
ephraim_1234
Fluorite | Level 6

I tried uploading a docsv and xlxer file but it keeps taking time to load and gives tis error. Please helpThe error message.pngTakes time to load.pngto find it or when it pops up it cant delet

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JackieJ_SAS
SAS Employee

Hi,

My first thought for you is to logout of Viya for Learners, close your browser window, open a new window, log back in, then try uploading these files again. You could also optionally clear your cache and cookies before logging back in. You could optionally try using a different type of browser (e.g., use Edge instead of Chrome).

If this doesn't work, I suggest you try uploading data via another tenant number (your link shows you are currently on tenant 58). All tenants can access the same file folders in SAS Studio, so files uploaded on one tenant are viewable and usable on another tenant. You can access a different tenant number by launching Viya for Learners from one of the Viya e-learning courses in SAS Skillbuilder (students) or the SAS Educator Portal (faculty).

Registration links are here: 
SAS Skill Builder for Students | SAS
SAS Academic Programs for Educators | SAS
Click on either the "Access Skill builder for Students" or "Access the SAS Educator Portal" buttons to register.

Once registered, go to the e-learning menu within each portal. (These below links require prior portal registration to work):
SAS Skill builder e-learning: Course: SAS Skill Builder for Students, Topic: E-Learning and Certification

SAS Educator Portal e-learning: Course: SAS Educator Portal, Topic: Certification Paths

You should be at a screen that looks like this:

JackieJ_SAS_0-1707256064700.png

Expand the Visual Analytics and Visual Statistics menu. Any of the three e-learning courses listed there will have a button that can launch Viya for Learners. For example, this is the page for the Visual Analytics 1 e-learning:

JackieJ_SAS_1-1707256176738.png

You can launch Viya for Learners via the green launch button in the upper right. This will put you on a different tenant then the one you are currently on. Try uploading data on that tenant number instead.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
JackieJ_SAS
SAS Employee

Hi,

My first thought for you is to logout of Viya for Learners, close your browser window, open a new window, log back in, then try uploading these files again. You could also optionally clear your cache and cookies before logging back in. You could optionally try using a different type of browser (e.g., use Edge instead of Chrome).

If this doesn't work, I suggest you try uploading data via another tenant number (your link shows you are currently on tenant 58). All tenants can access the same file folders in SAS Studio, so files uploaded on one tenant are viewable and usable on another tenant. You can access a different tenant number by launching Viya for Learners from one of the Viya e-learning courses in SAS Skillbuilder (students) or the SAS Educator Portal (faculty).

Registration links are here: 
SAS Skill Builder for Students | SAS
SAS Academic Programs for Educators | SAS
Click on either the "Access Skill builder for Students" or "Access the SAS Educator Portal" buttons to register.

Once registered, go to the e-learning menu within each portal. (These below links require prior portal registration to work):
SAS Skill builder e-learning: Course: SAS Skill Builder for Students, Topic: E-Learning and Certification

SAS Educator Portal e-learning: Course: SAS Educator Portal, Topic: Certification Paths

You should be at a screen that looks like this:

JackieJ_SAS_0-1707256064700.png

Expand the Visual Analytics and Visual Statistics menu. Any of the three e-learning courses listed there will have a button that can launch Viya for Learners. For example, this is the page for the Visual Analytics 1 e-learning:

JackieJ_SAS_1-1707256176738.png

You can launch Viya for Learners via the green launch button in the upper right. This will put you on a different tenant then the one you are currently on. Try uploading data on that tenant number instead.

ephraim_1234
Fluorite | Level 6

Thank you very much.

Loging in and logging out didnt work, but changing the tenant number worked exceptionally well.

Thank you.

Side question...

My sas became new, like it was refreshed, will I still see my previous works?

JackieJ_SAS
SAS Employee
Great, I’m so glad it worked! Altogether you can access 7 different tenants total via course launch pages and your original tenant. VFL is a multi-user environment, so sometimes the actions of other users can affect the performance of your tenant. When this happens, it can definitely help to switch tenants!

The files you see in SAS Studio will be available no matter what tenant you are on. You can try refreshing your files by going to the three dot menu in the upper right of the File Explorer in SAS Studio. You could try logging in to the tenant you are assigned from the regular VFL launch page (58 for you) to confirm the files you uploaded via another tenant are present.

Unfortunately, any files you created in Visual Analytics or Model Studio will NOT be available across tenants. Those are saved only on the tenant on which they were created.

So- if you have a lot of Visual Analytics and Model Studio work saved on your original tenant (58), you could upload data using another tenant, then go back to tenant 58 for analysis.
ephraim_1234
Fluorite | Level 6

Helped alot. Thanks for the clarity

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 in conversation