BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
sasnewbie221
Calcite | Level 5
Hi,
I am trying to download a SAS table as a sasbdat file but I’m unsure of how to do this. I generated the table in SAS. Thank you
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

@sasnewbie221 wrote:
I want to download it as a sas7bdat file. I have SAS running on the laptop

So you have both a remote SAS session and the option of running your local SAS?

First, get the path name for the library by using the PATHNAME function. Also look at the path of the Files section in your Studio navigation pane.

If the path of the library is a subdirectory of your Files location, you can navigate there and use the download button of SAS Studio.

If it is not, you need to create a subdirectory in Files, assign a LIBNAME to it, and copy the dataset there (PROC COPY, or a DATA step); then do as above.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

Download from where? Download to where?

--
Paige Miller
sasnewbie221
Calcite | Level 5
Download from SAS studio onto my laptop
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

Do you want to convert from a SAS data set to Excel or CSV or Text or some other format? A SAS data set downloaded to your laptop is useless unless you also have SAS running on that laptop.

--
Paige Miller
sasnewbie221
Calcite | Level 5
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

@sasnewbie221 wrote:

So you have both a remote SAS session and the option of running your local SAS?

First, get the path name for the library by using the PATHNAME function. Also look at the path of the Files section in your Studio navigation pane.

If the path of the library is a subdirectory of your Files location, you can navigate there and use the download button of SAS Studio.

If it is not, you need to create a subdirectory in Files, assign a LIBNAME to it, and copy the dataset there (PROC COPY, or a DATA step); then do as above.

sasnewbie221
Calcite | Level 5
Thank you!!!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation