BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
genemroz
Quartz | Level 8

Using SAS Studio under OnDemand for Academics, when I edit a file of SAS code, sometimes (not always) another file appears in the file folder with the same name but a blank (empty) icon with a tilde attached to the end of the filename.  What is the significance of this file?  Sometimes (not always) it disappears of it's own accord when I close the file.  But sometimes (not always) it persists after logout and is present after I've logged in again?  I thought it was some kind of temporary file that holds the edited version but I don't know why it would persist through a logout/login cycle.

Just curious,

Gene

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
Usually, when you see a duplicate file name with a ~ tilde, it means that you've made changes to the file but haven't saved it yet. That dup should go away when you do a save.
Cynthia

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
Usually, when you see a duplicate file name with a ~ tilde, it means that you've made changes to the file but haven't saved it yet. That dup should go away when you do a save.
Cynthia
Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

@Cynthia_sas wrote:
Hi:
Cynthia

That is probably the source of the confusing message that pops-up frequently when I re-connect to SAS/Studio (not SAS ODA but actual licensed version).   It wants to know which version of the file to open and I have no idea which one I want.  I normally tell it to keep the unsaved version just in case there is something useful there that I might want to save.

I suspect it is caused by the SAS/Studio server having an idle time-out window that closes my session for me instead of me actually signing out of SAS/Studio.

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 16. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation