BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Ryo_Tanaka
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi everyone,

I'm pretty much a novice in the data science community. I started learning data science just a half year ago.

To hone my skills, I recently joined the 5-week-long SAS Certification Guided Prep course and am working on the week-3 material now.

I'm facing challenges in understanding statistical analyses elements introduced through the course.

If you know any resources available to help me understand statistical elements and are willing to share the recommended resources, I'd greatly appreciate it! 

Thank you so much in advance,

Ryo

7 REPLIES 7
Ryo_Tanaka
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi @Reeza ,

Thanks for your comment!

I believe the cert is SAS Visual Statistics in SAS Viya: Interactive Model Building.

Ryo_Tanaka
Fluorite | Level 6

Just to articulate some of the challenges that I'm facing, I thought I'd share things that make me feel I need an foundational understanding of statistics.

For instance, in the week-3(lesson 3) course material, when creating linear regression models, the lecturer touches on Root Mean Square Error or R-Squared. I took an introductory stats course and how to run linear regression in R for example and the concept of statistical significance evidence, but I don't know what more stats-oriented terminologies and concepts indicate like ASE, SBC etc.

Thank you all for your help in advance!

Best,

Ryo

Reeza
Super User
You could also do the Free Stats course from SAS free training (google for it, but it's more surface level for sure).

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 2 in conversation