BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
scha1146
Calcite | Level 5

Hi there, was hoping for some guidance on this.

I'm a student, I'm taking a class on SAS this semester and I have access to SAS OnDemand for Academics.

My problem is, I have a long road trip coming up, which will involve many hours in the car away from all internet connection. Mobile hotspot is not an option for me, as it's not part of my data plan.

I'm going to need to do homework during this time.

Is there a way that I can access the software offline? Would I be able to download it and just have my datasets kept on my computer, so I wouldn't need the cloud storage? Or does this version of SAS have an offline browser mode I might be able to use?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
hollandnumerics
Pyrite | Level 9

Hi scha1146,

SAS OnDemand for Academics replaced SAS University Edition, which was installed locally in a virtual machine, but this was a serious pain to install and became out-of-date very quickly.

On the other hand SAS OnDemand for Academics lives on a server which REQUIRES internet access, but, because it is web-based, it is ALWAYS up-to-date, AND you only need a web browser (and an account!) to access it.

Therefore, the answer to your question is No! Sorry!

However, to minimise the impact of your long road trip, I would suggest you do as much of your homework BEFORE you start your long road trip, enjoy the scenery while your travelling, then finish your homework on arrival at your destination.

.............Phil

Philip R Holland
Holland Numerics: Blog and Forums
http://blog.hollandnumerics.org.uk

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
hollandnumerics
Pyrite | Level 9

Hi scha1146,

SAS OnDemand for Academics replaced SAS University Edition, which was installed locally in a virtual machine, but this was a serious pain to install and became out-of-date very quickly.

On the other hand SAS OnDemand for Academics lives on a server which REQUIRES internet access, but, because it is web-based, it is ALWAYS up-to-date, AND you only need a web browser (and an account!) to access it.

Therefore, the answer to your question is No! Sorry!

However, to minimise the impact of your long road trip, I would suggest you do as much of your homework BEFORE you start your long road trip, enjoy the scenery while your travelling, then finish your homework on arrival at your destination.

.............Phil

Philip R Holland
Holland Numerics: Blog and Forums
http://blog.hollandnumerics.org.uk

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation