BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
michokwu
Quartz | Level 8

Hi,error.PNGlog.PNG

My libname was successfully assigned but when I try to save using libname.sas, it adds .log to the name and does not save

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Reeza
Super User
Restart your VM and try again. If it persists, contact SAS Tech Support then with the screenshots. In one of your last responses, in the first screenshot it shows .sas being added, which is correct. Not sure how you're getting the .log added. It defintely shouldn't work that way. You can always try saving it into myfolders - the shared folder you created at startup instead and see if the behaviour persists.

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19
Reeza
Super User
You're trying to save the log. What are you actually trying to accomplish here? Saving a libname doesn't really make sense, it's a pointer that's all. Are you trying to have the libname assigned permanently each time you start SAS?
michokwu
Quartz | Level 8

Yes I am trying to save the program so I can access it when I log in to SAS. I am taking the e-learning course and its one of the required activities. Using university edition

michokwu
Quartz | Level 8

Thank you for your reply. I am saving from the code tab

Reeza
Super User
Your image shows the log tab selected, not the highlight blue line underneath the word LOG in your second image.
michokwu
Quartz | Level 8

Thanks. That screenshot is just to show the libname was successfully assigned. I am trying to save program using the CODE tab

Reeza
Super User
Then show the correct screenshot. You can save a program even if it errors, the two actions are not related at all, so showing the log is not beneficial.
michokwu
Quartz | Level 8

The screenshot is included in the initial post. When I select the CODE tab, I select Save program and the save as box pops up, when I try to rename and save, it adds .log to the name and still doesn't save.

Reeza
Super User

When you're in the log tab it saves with .log

Your screenshot shows you're in the log tab. 

See mine below, when in log, it automatically adds log. 
When in Code, it automatically adds .sas

Please try this again and confirm. If it's still adding log while in the code tab, please include the screenshot, like mine, showing your save window and active window at the same time. 

delete_log.PNGdelete_code_tab.PNG

@michokwu wrote:

The screenshot is included in the initial post. When I select the CODE tab, I select Save program and the save as box pops up, when I try to rename and save, it adds .log to the name and still doesn't save.

michokwu
Quartz | Level 8

the save as windowthe save as windowincluding .sasincluding .saswithout .saswithout .sasusing the assigned library nameusing the assigned library name

Reeza
Super User
Your first one is correct, what's different in that situation?
michokwu
Quartz | Level 8

When I click save, it includes .log and does not save. Capture5.PNG

Reeza
Super User
Restart your VM and try again. If it persists, contact SAS Tech Support then with the screenshots. In one of your last responses, in the first screenshot it shows .sas being added, which is correct. Not sure how you're getting the .log added. It defintely shouldn't work that way. You can always try saving it into myfolders - the shared folder you created at startup instead and see if the behaviour persists.
Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

That just looks wrong.

Does it always do that?  Or have you just somehow gotten into a strange state?

Log off. Log in to SAS/Studio again and try again.

If it still doesn't work try logging out and clearing your browser cache.

Or use a different web browser program (FireFox, Chrome, IE, Safari, etc.) than the one you are currently using.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 19 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 5 in conversation