BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Selvan05
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi,

Can anyone help me to understand how a simple tabular report/summary can be produced with SAS? I am looking for something like 

for each department in an university, the number of students in each year with a total.

DepartmentYear 1Year 2year 3Total
Economics605561176
Statistics504849147

Thanks in advance!

Selvan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Consider some fake data, created from SASHELP.SHOES so that the data has 2 different values for YEAR:

TABULATE & REPORT:

tab_report_forum.png

FREQ & MEANS:

freq_means.png

Hope this helps to point you in the right direction.

Cynthia

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

I can't give you exact code until we can see the actual data, but any of these PROCs ought to work

TABULATE
SUMMARY

FREQ

--
Paige Miller
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Consider some fake data, created from SASHELP.SHOES so that the data has 2 different values for YEAR:

TABULATE & REPORT:

tab_report_forum.png

FREQ & MEANS:

freq_means.png

Hope this helps to point you in the right direction.

Cynthia

Selvan05
Fluorite | Level 6
Hi Cynthia and Paige Miller,

Firstly apologies for the late response. I was away from work and could check our community page.

Thank you very much for your responses. this is very helpful for my implementation.

Br,
Selvan

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation