BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
CathyVI
Pyrite | Level 9

Hi,

Am new to this topic. Suppose I have a vaccine data and am asked to analyze the efficacy. The data was initially analyze for efficacy using Kaplan–Meier estimator and I want to reanalyze the data using another method e.g. cox regression. Would cox regression be appropriate? what other methods can I attempt?

I aim to demonstrate that new treatment is better (superior) than control, my control is placebo. So i think this should be a superiority trial of vaccine vs placebo not active treatment.

How can i get helpful sas code as resources? Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Ksharp
Super User

Is your data censored ?
proc lifereg or proc phreg do survival analysis, that need your data is censored .
If not, you could try other normal model like : proc freq or proc logistic or proc ttest or proc npar1way or proc glm .....

CathyVI
Pyrite | Level 9

Yes, the data is censored. What other analytic method apart from cox regression can I attempt?

Ksharp
Super User
The basic method is Wiloncox test ,Check PROC NPAR1WAY .

or could check parameter method PROC LIFETEST .

or calling @StatDave @SteveDenham
SteveDenham
Jade | Level 19

If you have access to SAS/ETS, you might look at PROC QLIM for a variety of tobit analyses.

Also, you may wish to look at this paper, as for a vaccine trial you will likely have competing events:

https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Global-Forum-Proceedings/A-SAS-Macro-to-Perform-Kaplan-Meier-Mult... 

SteveDenham

CathyVI
Pyrite | Level 9
Thank you @Ksharp @SteveDenham @StatDave. Let me correct a mistake I said earlier. My data is not censored. I do not have any loss to follow up. No participants dropped out. I randomized 31 participants to the vaccine and 45 control, all participants completed the study except 1 control.
Can all the suggested analysis methods will still works in this case?

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation