BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
eric2
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I have a scenario where we have SCREENING, VISIT1, VISIT2 and so on. 

VISIT1  gets Drug A , while VISIT2 gets DrugA+DrugB and Drug B is the actual study drug. Certain labs are done at SCREENING, VISIT1, VISIT2. should we consider RFSTDTC date as VISIT2 date. If yes, then all the VISIT1 study days will be negative. If we consider RFSTDTC as VISIT1 date but then IG says RFSTDTC should be "study drug". Any thoughts on what visit date should be mapped to RFSTDTC.

4 REPLIES 4
data_null__
Jade | Level 19

What is the problem with STDY being negative for VISIT 1?  

@eric2 wrote:

Hi,

I have a scenario where we have SCREENING, VISIT1, VISIT2 and so on. 

VISIT1  gets Drug A , while VISIT2 gets DrugA+DrugB and Drug B is the actual study drug. Certain labs are done at SCREENING, VISIT1, VISIT2. should we consider RFSTDTC date as VISIT2 date. If yes, then all the VISIT1 study days will be negative. If we consider RFSTDTC as VISIT1 date but then IG says RFSTDTC should be "study drug". Any thoughts on what visit date should be mapped to RFSTDTC.

eric2
Calcite | Level 5

EX domain will be having negative study days, which may thrown P21 error

mkeintz
PROC Star

It seems to me that you want to treat the number of days between visit1 and visit2 either as a predictor whose influence you want to assess. After all the protocol apparently requires issuing DRUG A on visit1. Do you want to get an estimate of the impact of time between DRUGA   and DRUGA+DRUGB?

Or is the time between visiti1 and visit2 just a covariate whose influence you want to remove in studying the impact of the study drug (assuming you have folks with just DRUGA issue at visist1 and visit2). 

In either case, it seems to me that the date variable of interest is the time between visit1 and visit2. 

--------------------------
The hash OUTPUT method will overwrite a SAS data set, but not append. That can be costly. Consider voting for Add a HASH object method which would append a hash object to an existing SAS data set

Would enabling PROC SORT to simultaneously output multiple datasets be useful? Then vote for
Allow PROC SORT to output multiple datasets

--------------------------
eric2
Calcite | Level 5

we are not estimating the time impact between VISIT1 and VISIT2. This is more geared to SDTM question than analysis question but at any rate i wanted to check if there is any issue if we use VISIT1 date as RFSTDTC.

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation