BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
vinpres
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi to all

I'm new to SAS so apologize for the basic questions but I get the above message from the below code:

Can anyone help me kindly?

Thanks in advance

proc metadata
   method=status
   in='<Cluster List=" "/>'
   options='<Cluster/>'
run;
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
FreelanceReinh
Jade | Level 19

I'm not sure because I have never visited that part of the SAS world. What I see in the documentation is that METHOD=STATUS was introduced in SAS 9.3 to enable certain administrative actions while the SAS Metadata Server is paused. In SAS 9.2 you can at least retrieve the server status (e.g. "PAUSED") and a few more pieces of information by means of the METAOPERATE procedure (see Example "Submitting ACTION=STATUS" and Comparison of the METADATA Procedure and the METAOPERATE Procedure).

Maybe someone in the Administration and Deployment subforum can help you if you create a new post there and describe exactly what information about the Active Server node you want to retrieve with SAS 9.2. Good luck.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Quentin
Super User

I don't know PROC METADATA, but looks like you've got the most famous error in SAS - a missing semicolon.

Try:

proc metadata
   method=status
   in='<Cluster List=" "/>'
   options='<Cluster/>' ;   /*semicolon here ends the PROC statement*/
run;

If that doesn't work, please post the log, showing the code and error.

Welcome to SAS. : )

BASUG is hosting free webinars ! Check out our recordings of past webinars: https://www.basug.org/videos. Be sure to subscribe to our email list for notification of future BASUG events.
vinpres
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi

also addying the semicolon at the end of procedure I getting the same error.

Below a fragment of log that show the error in detail.

thanks in advance.

vinpres_0-1588255413796.png

FreelanceReinh
Jade | Level 19

Hi @vinpres,

Are you possibly using an old SAS version such as 9.2? In this case you'd be limited to the options described in the old documentation. The METHOD argument was introduced in version 9.3: see first bullet point in What's New in the SAS 9.3 Language Interfaces to Metadata.

To find out your version/release number, submit

%put &sysver;
vinpres
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi FreelanceReinhard

yes I'm using the 9.2 version of SAS.

Following the log submitting %put &sysver.

But what I want know is the information about Active Server node in the cluster.

Is It possible with the 9.2 version?

Thanks in advance

vinpres_0-1588255657703.png

FreelanceReinh
Jade | Level 19

I'm not sure because I have never visited that part of the SAS world. What I see in the documentation is that METHOD=STATUS was introduced in SAS 9.3 to enable certain administrative actions while the SAS Metadata Server is paused. In SAS 9.2 you can at least retrieve the server status (e.g. "PAUSED") and a few more pieces of information by means of the METAOPERATE procedure (see Example "Submitting ACTION=STATUS" and Comparison of the METADATA Procedure and the METAOPERATE Procedure).

Maybe someone in the Administration and Deployment subforum can help you if you create a new post there and describe exactly what information about the Active Server node you want to retrieve with SAS 9.2. Good luck.

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation