BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
magicdj
Obsidian | Level 7

similar to post below. is there any setting for sas 9.4? i can't find the option for sas to default to LOG view after running a program

Solved: SAS Studio: default to LOG view instead of RESULTS after running a pro... - SAS Support Comm...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
magicdj
Obsidian | Level 7

find it, in tools==>menu==>log option

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
ballardw
Super User

Which environment are you running? Display manager, Enterprise Guide or SAS studio?

If in Display Manager I might suggest changing one of the function key settings and use that key to submit programs.

Try this: Press the F9 key. If you get a window with KEYS in the title this should work.

There is likely an entry for F8 in the Key column that looks like submit;log;wpgm;

Those are the commands to submit a program, move the log window, then move to the enhanced editor window.

You could edit that line to remove the wpgm;  Click at the end of the line and backspace to erase

SAVE the keys window. This means to to the command box in the upper left and type WSAVE and hit enter

Then when you are in the editor and press the F8 key it should submit the program and move focus to the Log window.

Or you could assign the submit; log;  to one of the open key definitions and use that. Note the F6 should take you to the log. Again, this if using Display Manger. Will not work in Enterprise Guide or SAS Studio.

magicdj
Obsidian | Level 7

as i mentioned in post title, i use sas9.4, not Enterprise Guide or SAS studio

not sure if this called : Display manager. please see screen shot, thanks.

magicdj_0-1718314549535.png

magicdj
Obsidian | Level 7

find it, in tools==>menu==>log option

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation