BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
matoma
Obsidian | Level 7

So I'm trying to make individual reports for each state that includes all the institutions in that state. I want it to include the total applications and then the number of applications by each race and in parentheses next to it the percent of applications for that race. I'm super confused on how to split the report by state though and then put the percent in parentheses next to the number for each race. Right now I have one big data set for all the states and universities. I'll attach what the data set looks like and an example of what I want the table to look like. Is this proc report? 

MICHIGAN

Undergraduate Institute

Black or African American

Hispanic, Latino, or Hispanic Origin

Asian

American Indian or Laska Native

White

Non-white

Total Applicants

Michigan State University

20 (15.38%)

20 (15.38%)

20 (15.38%)

20 (15.38%)

50 (38.46 %)

80 (61.54%)

matoma_0-1588262420207.png

2 REPLIES 2
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

A construct such as "20 (15.38%)" is not easy to produce in PROC REPORT, however if the 20 is in one column and the 15.38% is in another column, then your task becomes much easier.

--
Paige Miller
matoma
Obsidian | Level 7

They are already calculated and in separate columns I just wasn't sure how to combine them like that.

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation