BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
DocSteve
Obsidian | Level 7

I am using Proc GPLOT with the CHORO statement for mapping the number of events in counties.

I have been using defined patterns (one-color, varying density cross-hatch); the customer now wants specific groupings of the data. 

I believe that to get the desired groupings I need to use a format, but when I do that and use the "discrete" option (as directed in the documentation) I lose the specified patterns and get colors instead (which the documentation seems to indicate will happen).

Is there anyway to get back to my designated patterns?

3 REPLIES 3
ballardw
Super User

Code and data examples would be helpful. Also a complete listing of current goptions as some values there will affect how color values cycle.

And a description of what actually is wanted.

Also you may want to consider changing to Proc Sgplot as many different things are possible that were not with Gplot. One of which is an attribute map that ties specific formatted values to colors, patterns and markers.

ChrisNZ
Tourmaline | Level 20

proc GPLOT does not support the CHORO statement. proc GMAP does.

DocSteve
Obsidian | Level 7
Sorry, you're right, it's gmap

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation