BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
katy-barry
Calcite | Level 5

Hello, 

I am working with a dataset in which we measure if a person was unemployed in different years. for example, we ask "are you currently unemployed" in 2009, 2011, 2014, etc. I am wanting to do multiple imputation on my dataset but I do not know if I should add the outcome into my model because for some waves of data, people did not answer the question and if I include it into the multiple imputation model, SAS will generate values for my outcome variable which i do not want ( I know with multiple imputation, you just want the covariates to be filled in but not the outcome variable). Normally, your outcome and main exposure variable are already complete but since I have a longitudinal design, not all the outcome variables are completed. 

should I add the main outcome variable to the imputation model or leave it out?

thank you

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 in conversation