I am using import wizard

In the csv file there is no hebrew

I get an error with following message.

what should i do please to solve it?

Ronein_0-1727757215573.png

3 REPLIES 3
Patrick
Opal | Level 21

The error message indicates that your source file uses U_UTF8_CE which is a multibyte encoding and that it contains multibyte characters that can't get mapped into single byte characters under U_HEBREW_CE (which is a single byte encoding). 

You need for SAS EG to connect to a SAS session that's also multibyte encoded (talk to your administrator if that exists at your site). 

Ronein
Meteorite | Level 14

I found the problem but i cannot explain it.

When I changed the location of the CSV file (moved it to another folder) then import worked 100%

How can you explain it?

Is the import wizard effected by folder name (IF it is in hebrew or other language)?

OR maybe in the folder there was anyting that caused the error?

Patrick
Opal | Level 21

@Ronein wrote:

I found the problem but i cannot explain it.

When I changed the location of the CSV file (moved it to another folder) then import worked 100%

How can you explain it?

Is the import wizard effected by folder name (IF it is in hebrew or other language)?

OR maybe in the folder there was anyting that caused the error?

I have no explanation for what you describe. I assume something else changed as well - like being connected to a different SAS Server.

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation